Discussion ClosedThis discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one,click here.

Linefeed in a Plot Title

Viki T. Mechanical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to anarchived discussion

I've tried everything under the sun to get a linefeed into a title. The previous thread, 6 years ago, pointed out that
works for axes titles, but not for titles. This is still the case in 2023 (v6.0)!

I've also tried the unicode characters for carriage return and linefeed (as also suggested 6 years ago) and no luck.

Anyone have a work-around, other than exporting the plot and fixing it graphically?

Thanks! Viki

4 Replies Last Post 2023年11月8日 GMT+1 16:16

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月23日 GMT+1 10:22

I have come across this issue too! Perhaps a feature request for better formatting options is needed...

I think I further restriction when creating an annotation plot. The tags available for titles and axis labels do not seem available in annotation plots. Some consistency is required here I feel.

I have come across this issue too! Perhaps a feature request for better formatting options is needed... I think I further restriction when creating an annotation plot. The tags available for titles and axis labels do not seem available in annotation plots. Some consistency is required here I feel.

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月23日 GMT+1 10:55
Updated: 1 year ago 2023年3月23日 GMT+1 11:00

I agree that titles and annotations aren't completely consistent regarding what markup is supported. It's possible to use the old-style HTML tags in titles. For annotations, only LaTeX is supported. LaTeX is more powerful, so this is not a restriction in terms of what can be done, but the lack of consistency can of course be a bit annoying. In the future I hope that we can support LaTeX also in titles.

Adding support for linebreaks in titles is also in the roadmap.

I agree that titles and annotations aren't completely consistent regarding what markup is supported. It's possible to use the old-style HTML tags in titles. For annotations, only LaTeX is supported. LaTeX is more powerful, so this is not a restriction in terms of what can be done, but the lack of consistency can of course be a bit annoying. In the future I hope that we can support LaTeX also in titles. Adding support for linebreaks in titles is also in the roadmap.

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 months ago 2023年11月7日 GMT+1 17:11

Hi,

In COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.2, released today, you can use linefeeds directly when defining the plot title to create a title with multiple lines.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi, In COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.2, released today, you can use linefeeds directly when defining the plot title to create a title with multiple lines. Best regards, Magnus

Posted: 10 months ago 2023年11月8日 GMT+1 16:16

Great to hear! Thanks for the info...

Great to hear! Thanks for the info...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map