Discussion ClosedThis discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one,click here.

How to show streamlines in specific section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I would like to ask if there is a way to show streamlines in a specific part of an object. I have a cylinder-shaped object centred around X-axes. Streamlines swirl around the centre. I would like to see results in half of the section of the object where Y>0. I have tried the filter, but it doesn't work because it removes every streamline that crosses the X plane to negative. Any suggestions? Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 2023年11月8日 GMT+1 17:09
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 months ago 2023年11月8日 GMT+1 17:09
Updated: 10 months ago 2023年11月8日 GMT+1 17:12

Filtering (e.g., specifying) works fine for me. Not sure what you did, exactly. Alternatively, if you create your geometry such that the volume in which you want to plot the streamlines is a single domain, you could then use the "selection" feature to plot streamlines only in that domain. If that doesn't help, then I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum so we can all see what you did and then, maybe, diagnose the problem.

p.s. Is the problem caused by a specification of where your streamlinesstart? Look at (and experiment with) your settings under "Streamline positioning."

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Filtering (e.g., specifying y>0) works fine for me. Not sure what you did, exactly. Alternatively, if you create your geometry such that the volume in which you want to plot the streamlines is a single domain, you could then use the "selection" feature to plot streamlines only in that domain. If that doesn't help, then I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum so we can all see what you did and then, maybe, diagnose the problem. p.s. Is the problem caused by a specification of where your streamlines *start*? Look at (and experiment with) your settings under "Streamline positioning."

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map