why my frequency graph is not symmetrical?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am using prestressed study on frequency domain. i am simulating for the vibration frequency of human vocal fold. on my analysis, i see that one side of the frequency response is too steep. i was expecting the frequency response to be symmetrical.

it seemed to me that this problem occured when i enabled geometric nonlinearity on my study.

changing or adding damping did not solve this problem.

what could be causing this?

2 Replies Last Post 2024年3月5日 GMT+1 15:01
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 months ago 2024年3月2日 GMT+1 09:54

You should upload the file.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
You should upload the file.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 months ago 2024年3月5日 GMT+1 15:01

Your plots looks like the values for some reason are truncated at zero. You would expect a 180 degree phase shift when passing the resonance. The displacement is complex-valued, and the graph will show the real part.

Try plotting abs(v) and see how that graph looks.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Your plots looks like the values for some reason are truncated at zero. You would expect a 180 degree phase shift when passing the resonance. The displacement is complex-valued, and the graph will show the real part. Try plotting abs(v) and see how that graph looks.

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map