How to place a Point mass on COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning everyone,

Im currently working on a Eigenfrequency Prestressed study.

I want to put a point mass at the top face of the lower flexure (see the image below)

I attached another image that show where i want the point mass (see the image with the blue arrow).

For referance I attach the mph.file for the system that is used for the simulation and a image of what it look like.

Before I put a point mass I use a cube with a very high density with interia and placed it where arrow is at but it won't be useful for long term research, and before I use a point load but it have no mass of interia.

An idea that I have is to use a added mass load but it only for boundary but I am not sure it a correct substitute for the point mass.

Any help or advice much appreciated thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 2024年5月15日 GMT+2 18:56
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 months ago 2024年5月15日 GMT+2 12:37
Updated: 4 months ago 2024年5月15日 GMT+2 12:45

There is no point mass feature in the Solid Mechanics interface. The reason is that a point mass causes a type of singularity, similar to a concentrated force. It is better to distribute the mass over some small boundary, using anAdded Massnode.

You can also use aRigid Connectorwith aMass and Moment of Inertiasubnode. Note that you can select a flexible formulation, if the constraints imposed by the rigid connector are too hard.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
There is no point mass feature in the Solid Mechanics interface. The reason is that a point mass causes a type of singularity, similar to a concentrated force. It is better to distribute the mass over some small boundary, using an **Added Mass** node. You can also use a **Rigid Connector** with a **Mass and Moment of Inertia** subnode. Note that you can select a flexible formulation, if the constraints imposed by the rigid connector are too hard.

Posted: 4 months ago 2024年5月15日 GMT+2 18:56

got it i will use an added mass boundary thank you very much!

got it i will use an added mass boundary thank you very much!

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map