Issue with Image Resolution When Exporting from COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my thesis and need to export high quality images of my COMSOL model. However, whenever I save the images, the resolution seems too low, and the details are not clear enough for publication. I've tried adjusting the settings and I used some online application such asJpeg compressorand others but haven't had much success.

Has anyone encountered this issue before, and can you suggest the best way to export high-resolution images from COMSOL?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post 2024年5月19日 GMT+2 09:28
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago 2024年5月19日 GMT+2 00:20

I have no difficulty expoerting publication-suitable images using a sufficiently large size (I usually use 1200 x 800 pixels).

Comsol images (which are closer to line art than photographs) are best exported as .png in order to avoid jpeg artifacts and/ or excessive file sizes.

I have no difficulty expoerting publication-suitable images using a sufficiently large size (I usually use 1200 x 800 pixels). Comsol images (which are closer to line art than photographs) are best exported as .png in order to avoid jpeg artifacts and/ or excessive file sizes.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 months ago 2024年5月19日 GMT+2 09:28

Could it be that your data is noisy, e.g. due to a coarse mesh and maybe low order (linear) discretization? In that case high image resolution doesn't help.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Could it be that your data is noisy, e.g. due to a coarse mesh and maybe low order (linear) discretization? In that case high image resolution doesn't help.

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map