How to extract fluid domain from the given solid domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

If I have a complicated geometry, and i want to do the fluid flow analysis inside that geometry, how will I cretae a fluid domain from the given solid geometry?

3 Replies Last Post 2024年6月6日 GMT+2 14:22
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 months ago 2024年6月5日 GMT+2 14:46

Hello Lakshmi sree,

You can use the "Cap Faces' capability. Seethis old post, for instance, for more detail.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Lakshmi sree, You can use the "Cap Faces' capability. See [this old post](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/241541/create-cfd-mesh-from-cad-geometry?last=2019-08-27T17:39:06Z), for instance, for more detail. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 3 months ago 2024年6月6日 GMT+2 07:26

hello Jeff Hiller, Thank you for the support. Once I create the fluid geometry from the structural geometry, how do i delete the structural geometry, Because I want to work only with fluid geometry

Thanks and regards Lakshmi sree P

hello Jeff Hiller, Thank you for the support. Once I create the fluid geometry from the structural geometry, how do i delete the structural geometry, Because I want to work only with fluid geometry Thanks and regards Lakshmi sree P

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 months ago 2024年6月6日 GMT+2 14:22

You should be able to delete it like you would delete any other geometry entity, nothing special.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
You should be able to delete it like you would delete any other geometry entity, nothing special. Jeff

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map