How To Create A Coefficient That Depends On Water Content

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I'm dealing with a 2 coupled PDE problem, related with diffusion of water in porous media, where the two variables are the temperature and the relative humidity.

I want to introduce a thermal conductivity which depends on the water content, k(w), but once I define it, it says that "I don't know what's w". I also defined w as an analytic function dependent on the relative humidity.

My question is: Can I define a coefficient that depends on a variable? (Apart from P or T)

Thanks a lot. Regards,

1 Reply Last Post 2024年6月28日 GMT+2 15:56
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago 2024年6月28日 GMT+2 15:56

Hello Junhyeok,

If the relative humidity is "c", then your call to k should read something like k(w(c)). Give it a try, and post your mph file, with the mesh and solution cleared, if that does not resolve it.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Junhyeok, If the relative humidity is "c", then your call to k should read something like k(w(c)). Give it a try, and post your mph file, with the mesh and solution cleared, if that does not resolve it. Best, Jeff

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map