Accessing Stiffness Matrices and Internal Force Vectors for Incremental Solution in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOL Community,

I'm currently working on a phase-field fracture problem and trying to implement a custom solver that follows a Newton-Raphson iteration scheme with arc-length control, similar to what is shown in the attached image (equation 17a and 17b).

I need to access the stiffness matrices (K_uu, K_φφ, etc.) and the internal force vectors (f_int,u, f_int,φ) in COMSOL in order to calculate the solution increments (Δu, Δφ, Δλ) at each iteration. I am aware that quantities like displacement (solid.uf) and damage (solid.dmg) can be accessed, but I'm unsure how to retrieve the stiffness matrices and internal force vectors.

I would like to use them in a custom script, potentially via the mph package or COMSOL's Java API.

Thank you!

1 Reply Last Post 2024年9月3日 GMT+2 09:00
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 days ago 2024年9月3日 GMT+2 09:00
Updated: 3 days ago 2024年9月3日 GMT+2 16:54

The path on which you plan to embark is probably quite difficult.

If possible, I suggest that you first look at something similar to the method used in this example:

https://www.comsol.com/model/postbuckling-analysis-using-an-incremental-arc-length-method-119001

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
The path on which you plan to embark is probably quite difficult. If possible, I suggest that you first look at something similar to the method used in this example:

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map