Logical connection at the same potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The module used is AC/DC Electric Currents. I have a model in which I want to study how the current is distributed in two buried pipes. The external environment, which represents the ground, is modeled as the outer semicylinder. The two pipes are made of copper and reinforcing steel embedded in concrete (with a parallelepiped shape). A normal current density source has been applied to the flat base of the semicylinder, the other one represents the ground. I would like to connect the two pipes to see the interference between them in terms of current distribution. This connection should only be logical, without any physical element connecting them, as if an isolated conductor connects them without interacting with the surrounding ground. How can I achieve this? In other words, I would like to analyze how the current distribution in one pipe directly interferes with the other through these connections. How can I do this? The boundary conditions already applied are a normal current density of 0.001 A/m² and electrical insulation on the lateral faces of the semicylinder and the last one simulates the ground.

Please read thediscussion forum rulesbefore posting.

Pleaselog into post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL®software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via theSupport Centerfor a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map