Magnetic Continuity - Contact Impedance to model air gap

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, this question is closely related to this one: https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/344881/small-air-gap-boundary-condition?last=2024-10-03T11:37:58Z Only I think I have more clarity on what I am asking now and my new question is more specific.

In my model I am using the Magnetic and Electric Fields module (mef) to model eddy currents in copper plates with a thin air gap above a magnetic dipole. As you will see in the model, one of the plates has a physical, meshed air gap of size 'GapSize' and on the other I have assigned an impedance boundary condition to the face between the two halves of the plate. I want to achieve the same eddy current behavior on both plates.

My understanding is that the surface thickness is the thickness of the gap that the contact impedance is modeling. And the electrical conductivity and relative permittivity should be that of air to model an air gap. Is this correct?

I want to know why the two different plates exhibit different behavior.

Thanks

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map