Thin metal film microwave heating.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I want to simulate microwave heating of metal/dielectric/metal structure

1. Comsol makes error when I shrink the dielectric or metal size down to micrometer or nanometer scale. Why it happens? How can i adjust?

2. Two metals are 50nm and they are shorter than skin depth. Although there was negligible power absorption in metal with cm scales, I think power absorbed in metal would rapidly increase when its thickness become close to skin depth.

Is my assumption right? What physics model I should add to take into account this situation?

I appreciate any help.

1 Reply Last Post 2024年10月9日 GMT+2 19:04

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 day ago 2024年10月9日 GMT+2 19:04

By "error" I think you mean difficulty in meshing?

A thin layer is best dealt with using a swept mesh (after meshing one of the faces) or by using the transition boundary condition.

By "error" I think you mean difficulty in meshing? A thin layer is best dealt with using a swept mesh (after meshing one of the faces) or by using the transition boundary condition.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.

Baidu
map